Ginger is an increasing popular root due to its remarkable characteristics. It is native to China, and in general, it is used as a spice. Yet, it can also serve as an addition to drinks, such as the ginger ale drink, or in ginger loaves of bread or ginger biscuits.
However, apart from its unique taste, it offers innumerate health benefits. Namely, if you chew it, you will trigger your appetite, and stimulate the digestive juices.
Moreover, ginger can be chewed in order to stop vomiting and nausea. Diabetics are also advised to drink ginger water in the morning on an empty stomach, in order to regulate the blood glucose levels.
If you mix turmeric and ginger and prepare a natural paste, you can treat muscle strains by rubbing it on the aching body parts two times a day. Yet, these are only a few of the innumerate ginger uses.
Some of the most important include:
It Reduces The Symptoms of Cough and Sore Throat
- Natural ginger treatments are extremely effective in the case of common colds and sore throat.
- All you need to do is to cut the ginger into slices and add them to boiling water.
- Then, add some honey and lemon.
- This natural cure can help you relieve a sore throat and the nasal congestion.
It Boosts Digestion & Prevents Flatulence
- In the case of indigestion, ginger is the perfect remedy that can help you.
- Namely, in order to calm the upset stomach and avoid its bloating and gas, you should boil some ginger slices in water, add honey and consume the drink.
It Boosts Blood Circulation
- Squeeze the juice of 50g grated ginger and add it in 4-5l hot water.
- Then, soak a cloth in the solution and apply it on the problematic body areas.
It Cures Headaches
- The combination of ginger, peppermint and cayenne pepper can do miracles in the case of the unbearable migraine headaches.
- Yet, its preparation is simple: in a pot with boiling water, add a teaspoon of dried peppermint, a pinch of cayenne pepper and several ginger slices.
- Let the mixture simmer for some time, and then add raw honey or Stevia to sweeten it.
- Furthermore, you can also use it topically.
- Add half a teaspoon of ginger powder in some water and apply the paste on your forehead.
- This will effectively soothe your headache.
It Treats Acid Reflux
- Acid blocker drugs have a detrimental effect on the stomach acid barrier, so they can lead to ulcers and stomach cancer.
- On the other hand, as reported in the Molecular Research and Food Nutrition, the ingredients of this remarkable root are six times more useful than these medications.
- Due to its strong anti-inflammatory properties, ginger can also alleviate a toothache.
- All you need to do is to rub some raw ginger on your gums.
- Also, you can boil it in water, cool the solution and then use it to rinse the mouth.
It Reduces Inflammation
- Ginger contains gingerol, an active ingredient which is effective in fighting against cell inflammations.
- One study done on patients suffering from arthritis and muscular pain found that the consumption of ginger successfully reduces pain and muscle swelling.
- Ginger positively affects in the case of other cell inflammation- triggered health issues, like diabetes, obesity, and Alzheimer’s.
It relieves Morning Sickness & Nausea
- Ginger also provides relief in the case of morning sickness during the pregnancy.
- Yet, women should consult their doctor before they start using any new medication, herb or method.
It inhibits Cancer Cells
- Many studies suggest that the use of ginger rhizomes lowers inflammation of the colon and intestines, thus reducing the risk of colon cancer.
- Moreover, doctors at the UMCCC (University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center) proved that this amazing root successfully inhibits ovarian cancer cells.
- 47Ginger contains a high amount of anti-parasitic, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties. It belongs to the group of the healthiest and most powerful spices. This is so because ginger is rich in vitamin C, magnesium and many other important minerals for the overall body health. Ginger is used to boosting the immune…