Almonds are extremely beneficial nuts, full of vitamins and minerals, such as zinc, magnesium, calcium vitamin E, and omega 3 acids.
Yet, not many are aware of the fact that by soaking them, you can boost the health benefits of almonds.
Apparently, the skin of dry almonds contains an inhibitor for enzymes, which protects the seed from germination moisture. Soaking releases this inhibitor, and the consumption of soaked almonds provide a myriad of nutrients and boosts digestion.
These are the health benefits of the daily intake of soaked almonds:
- The high vitamin and mineral content, including phosphorus, strengthens the bones and prevents osteoporosis.
- Almonds are rich in calcium and vitamin E so they regulate cholesterol levels.
Promote Brain Health
- Almonds contain riboflavin and L-carnitine which improve the function of the brain and lowers the risk of Alzheimer’s.
Supports Heart Health
- They also contain protein, potassium, and monounsaturated fats which improve heart health and treat inflammation in the arteries.
- Furthermore, magnesium prevents heart attacks, and vitamin A treats heart issues.
- Since they are high in potassium, almonds regulate blood pressure.
Boost Energy Levels
- By eating a handful of almonds daily, you increase the metabolic rate, as they are rich in riboflavin, manganese, and copper.